Forum Terms of Service
1. Information Disclaimer: Privateer Press does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message posted on this board, sent by Personal Message or email, or otherwise transmitted by the forum software. Privateer Press is not responsible for the contents posted by the members of the forum unless otherwise noted. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Privateer Press, its owners, or employees. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact Privateer Press immediately using the message’s Report button. Complaints sent by other means, including emails, instant message, or Personal Messages, are not guaranteed to be acted upon; only use of the Report button guarantees your complaint will reach the forum moderators. Privateer Press, Inc., reserves the right, but does not assume the responsibility, to restrict communication which it deems to be harmful to individual forum members, damaging to Privateer Press, Inc., or in violation of Privateer Press’ or any third-party rights. Privateer Press reserves the right to remove a post at any time and for any reason at its discretion.
2. Additions and Changes to these Terms: These Terms of Service may be updated without notice, and the members and guests of the Privateer Press forums are responsible for knowing the current Terms of Service found at http://privateerpressforums.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_terms.
3. Prohibited Behavior: Prohibited behaviors include (but are not limited to):
· Personal attacks and/or “doxxing” of any kind toward forum users or Privateer Press Staff
· Profanity, vulgarity, or explicit content, including:
– “masking” by using alternative characters/spellings and/or spaces (to circumvent profanity filters), leet-speak, and combinations of words that produce an offensive result
– discussion of sexually explicit material
– discussion of real-world graphic violence or bloodletting
– posting, uploading, or linking to sexually explicit or graphically violent materials
· Hate speech (e.g., racial, ethnic, sexist, homophobic, or religious slurs)
· Promotion of or engaging in certain illegal activities, for example, the use of drugs or drug paraphernalia, rape, solicitation of a minor, computer hacking, or copyright violation
· Harassment of a specific person (e.g., persistent flaming or continued personal attacks on the forums)
· Posting inflammatory statements or trolling designed to elicit a negative response from the community
· Spamming through repeated posts, or posting off-topic content
· Advertising or promoting a business or commercial site
· Registering and using multiple forum member accounts without permission
· Using another member’s account
· Advertising products for trade or sale to other members
· Posting web addresses of stores offering discounts greater than 10% on Privateer Press products
· Posting unreleased content obtained through hacking or other illicit means
· Discussing disciplinary action taken against a player
· Any attempts to circumvent a ban or suspension
4. Grounds for Removal: The prohibited behaviors listed above are grounds for removal. The forum moderators may issue warnings or may ban accounts outright for any infraction at their discretion. Privateer staff and forum administrator may also cite warnings or ban accounts at their discretion.
5. Corrective Action: The Privateer Press forum moderator will determine when corrective actions need to be taken. These may range from a simple warning to a temporary suspension of membership privileges to a complete account ban and loss of membership privileges. Members may appeal any moderation action to the head admin of the forum (PPS_Valerie). Only one appeal per action is allowed, and all decisions of the head admin are final.
6. Moderators’ Procedure for Corrective Action:
· For the first infraction, your subesequent posts will require moderator approval.
· The second infraction, or any direct Terms of Service violation, will result in a temporary ban lasting a minimum of three weeks.
· The third infraction, or any egregious Terms of Service violation (e,g, personal threats or hate speech), will result in a permanent ban from the forums.
Note: A user who is banned from the main forums will also be banned from the CID forum, and vice versa.
7. Agreed Guidelines: By using this service, you agree that you will not use this forum to knowingly post any material that is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually explicit, threatening, or invasive of a person’s privacy, or that otherwise violates any law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you.
8. Additional Terms Per Forum: Individual forums may have their own rules and guidelines, and members are responsible for following those guidelines.
Privateer Press Terms of Service
The messages found on these message services express the views of the author of the message, not the views of Privateer Press, its owners, or employees. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact Privateer Press immediately through the proper available channel e.g. the Report button in the Forums. Complaints sent by other means outside their explicit medium, including emails, instant message, or personal messages are not guaranteed to be acted upon. Notwithstanding the aforementioned, Privateer is in no way obligated to neither act on any complaint nor respond to any statement made in these mediums though Privateer reserves the right to do so at any time. Privateer may withdraw any individual’s right to any of these services at any time, with or without reason. Privateer reserves the right to unilaterally change any portion of any of our websites at any time so it is important that you view this Use of Services agreement every time you visit the site.
By posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting (“Posting”) in or on any of our services you are granting Privateer permission to use your Posting in connection with the operation of our business (including, without limitation, all Privateer publications), including, without limitation, the license rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Posting; to publish your name in connection with your Posting. No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Posting, as provided herein. Privateer is under no obligation to post or use any Posting you may provide.
By Posting you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Posting including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the Posting. In addition to the warranty and representation set forth above, by Posting anything that contain images, photographs, pictures or that are otherwise graphical in whole or in part (“Images”), you warrant and represent that (a) you are the copyright owner of such Images, or that the copyright owner of such Images has granted you permission to use such Images or any content and/or images contained in such Images consistent with the manner and purpose of your use and as otherwise permitted by these Services, (b) you have the rights necessary to grant the licenses and sublicenses described herein, and (c) that each person depicted in such Images, if any, has provided consent to the use of the Images as set forth herein, including, by way of example, and not as a limitation, the distribution, public display and reproduction of such Images. By Posting Images, you are granting (a) to all members of the general public permission to use your Images in connection with the use of any of the Services, including, though not limited to, making prints and gift items which include such Images, and including, without limitation, a non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty-free license to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Images without having your name attached to such Images, and the right to sublicense such rights to any supplier of the Services. The licenses granted in the preceding sentences for any Images will terminate at the time you completely remove such Images from the Services, provided that, such termination shall not affect any licenses granted in connection with such Images prior to the time you completely remove such Images. Privateer does not claim any ownership of the aforementioned Postings and Images in any case.
Claims of Copyright Infringement
All claims of copyright infringement should be made to Frontdesk@privateerpress.com
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
PRIVATEER PROVIDES IT’S WEBSITES TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, CORRECTNESS, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. PRIVATEER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT OUR WEBSITES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR ACHIEVE A PARTICULAR RESULT, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THESE WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT THESE WEBSITES OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. IF YOUR VISITATION OF THESE WEBSITES OR THE USE OF MATERIAL CONTAINED ON THESE WEBSITES RESULTS IN YOUR NEED TO SERVICE OR REPLACE ANY PROPERTY, MATERIAL, EQUIPMENT, DATA, OR OTHER ITEM, THEN PRIVATEER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THOSE COSTS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING SENTENCES, PRIVATEER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THESE WEBSITES. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES IS AN IMPLICIT AGREEMENT TO ALL THE TERMS LISTED HEREIN AND A MATERIAL PORTION OF OUR AGREEMENT TO PROVIDE THESE WEBSITES TO YOU. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU MADE A PURCHASE FROM THESE WEBSITES PRIVATEER’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FROM ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION SHALL NEVER EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO PRIVATEER. DESPITE WHATEVER CONTRACTS OR AGREEMENTS ARE WRITTEN TO THE CONTRARY BETWEEN YOU AND PRIVATEER THIS CLAUSE SHALL REMAIN CONTROLLING, OVERRIDING, AND IN EFFECT. In no event shall PRIVATEER’s aggregate liability, whether arising in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, exceed FIFTY ($50.00) US DOLLARS.
Privateer Press, Incorporated (hereinafter known as Privateer) takes the protection of your personal information very seriously while visiting our websites. We do not collect and keep any personal information online from you unless you volunteer it and you are 13 years of age or older. We also do not collect and keep personal information online from children under the age of 13 without consent of a parent or legal guardian, except in limited circumstances authorized by law.
Privateer Press strictly adheres to the policies created by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. No information will be collected for anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent. Children may need to enter a user name and password in order to access some portions of the site but they will never be required to enter their personal information. Children in ongoing customer service relations with Privateer Press may be required to supply their personal information for solutions to their customer service issues. This information will only be retained for the duration required to reach a conclusion with the customer service issue, at which time the personal information will be destroyed.
All personal information obtained will only be distributed to other third parties in cases where it will improve customer service or where such information is required to complete transactions made on the website. Information collected from you will be used to enhance your experience with the website(s) or allow you to make purchases from the website(s).
Privateer Press will utilize cookies in order to enhance and personalize your experience with our website(s). Cookies generated from exploring our website(s) will never contain your personal information unless you have willfully given it to us as a part of interacting with the website(s).
In the event that you breach this Agreement, you hereby agree that Privateer would be irreparably damaged if this Agreement were not specifically enforced, and therefore you agree that Privateer shall be entitled, without bond, other security, or proof of damages, to appropriate equitable remedies with respect to breaches of this Agreement, in addition to such other remedies as Privateer may otherwise have available to it under applicable laws. In the event any litigation is brought by either party in connection with this Agreement, the prevailing party in such litigation shall be entitled to recover from the other party all the costs, attorneys’ fees and other expenses incurred by such prevailing party in the litigation.